Did you know that the funding request filing window period for FY2018 opens February 1, 2018? Prepare to submit your funding request by the close of the filing window period (11:59 p.m. ET May 31, 2018) by watching our one hour training where we discussed helpful tips, resources, what you can expect from USAC’s review process, and best practices when submitting these forms.
FCC Notice of Proposed Rule Making Published January 3, 2018
The FCC published their proposed rule in the Federal Register on January 3, 2018. Anyone can submit a comment to the FCC on this proposed rule. The comment period ends February 2, 2018. Please see this link for more information.
Update on FY2017 Commitments
FY2017 funding commitment decisions and letters have not yet been released; funding requests are still in review. This page will be updated when more information is available. Note: Any applicants seeking funding in FY2018 must submit funding requests. Be sure to submit during the FY2018 filing window (February 1 – May 31, 2018).
FY2018 Filing Window Period Update
The filing window period for FY2018 has been extended one month. The filing window period will now last February 1, 2018 through May 31, 2018, giving applicants more time to submit their FY2018 funding request forms. For more information please see our FY2018 Filing Window page here.
Submit FY2018 Request for Services Forms Now!
Applicants applying for funding for FY2018 who are going through the competitive bidding process can submit their FCC Form 461 (HCF Program) and FCC Form 465 (Telecom Program) now! The first day to submit these forms is January 1, 2018-- six months before the start of the funding year, which begins July 1, 2018.
Prepare to submit your Request for Services form with the following resources:
• December 2017 Request for Services Best Practices Webinar recording and slides
• RFP Checklist (HCF Program only)
• Network Plan Checklist (HCF Program only)
• Search Posted Services tool: HCF Program and Telecom Program
Rollover of FY2017 HCF Program FCC Forms 461
This year’s rollover functionality is a courtesy extended to HCF applicants who completed the Request for Services process, but did not meet the deadline to submit Funding Request forms.
This is a one-time courtesy that, as of now, has not been extended for future funding years. To take advantage of this, those requesting the FCC Form 461 from FY2017 rollover functionality must meet the below requirements. The FCC Form 461 must meet both criteria:
• HAVE been submitted for FY2017, and previously reviewed and approved by RHC in FY2017, and
• NOT have been used to generate an FCC Form 462 in FY2017
The rollover process will only be applied to the FCC Form 461, and not the FCC Form 462. If applying for HCF Program funding in FY2018, applicants will need to submit a new FCC Form 462 and will have to go through the RHC Program review process.
How to submit your request:
• Send email to: email@example.com
• Subject line of email: FCC Form 461 Rollover Request App #
• Include within the email body: HCP #, FCC Form 461 application #
• Once emailed, the rollover request may take 5-8 business days to review and process.
• If approved, your request will be confirmed via email from an RHC staff member.
We highly recommend attending the next installment of our online training series, specifically designed to prepare applicants for the FY2018 filing window. These trainings are filled with resources, useful information, best practices, what to expect from the USAC review process.
• Funding Request Webinar: Wednesday January 10, 2018 at 2 p.m. ET. Did you know that the first day to submit FY2018 funding request forms is February 1, 2018? Join us in preparation for the FY2018 filing window period. This webinar will focus on the FCC Forms 462 and 466: Register here.
FY2018 Filing Window Period Update
The Filing Window Period for FY2018 has been extended one month. The filing window period will now last February 1, 2018 through May 31, 2018, giving applicants more time to submit their FY2018 funding request forms. For more information please see our FY2018 Filing Window page.
HCF Program Invoicing:
Please keep in mind that 11:59 p.m. ET December 31, 2017 is the last day to submit the FCC Form 463 to USAC if you had a funding commitment end date of June 30, 2017.
Don’t know when your HCF Program invoicing deadline is? We provide a helpful look-up tool on our website! Download the Invoicing Deadline Spreadsheet.
- Watch the latest in our online training series! The HCF Program Invoicing Best Practices recording is up on our website now! This webinar covered how to submit the FCC Form 463 for healthcare providers and service providers. It contains helpful tips, best practices, what to expect from the USAC review process, and more!
- Watch our step-by-step invoicing guide video series. These videos go over the submission process of the FCC Form 463, and we highly recommend viewing these if you are submitting your FCC Form 463 for the first time or just simply need a refresher in anticipation of an upcoming deadline: Individual HCPs, Consortia
Rollover of FY2017 HCF Program FCC Forms 461:
USAC is accepting previously approved FY2017 FCC Form(s) 461 to be used for FY2018. This process will allow applicants that meet the below criteria to “rollover” a previously approved FCC Form 461 from FY2017, for use in FY2018. This functionality can be applied to both individual and consortia applicants within the HCF program.
In order to be able to take advantage of this, the FCC Form 461 MUST:
- HAVE been submitted for FY2017, and previously reviewed and approved by RHC in FY2017
- NOT have been used to generate an FCC Form 462 in FY2017
The rollover process will only be applied to the FCC Form 461, and not the FCC Form 462. All applicants will need to submit a new FCC Form 462 and will have to go through RHC’s review process if applying for HCF Program funding in FY2018.
How to submit your request:
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of email: FCC Form 461 Rollover Request App #
Include within the email body: HCP #, FCC Form 461 application #
FY2017 Funding Commitment Letter Update
USAC is working towards finalizing all funding decisions for FY2017 and will notify applicants prior to any funding commitment letters going out. We will provide an update in January.
We highly recommend attending our upcoming online training series, specifically designed to prepare applicants for the FY2018 filing window. These trainings are filled with resources, useful information, best practices, what to expect from the USAC review process and more! Attending these trainings is the best way to prepare for the FY2018 filing window.
- Request for Services Webinar: Wednesday December 20, 2017 at 2 p.m. ET. Get ready for the start of the FY2018 filing window period by joining our Request for Services Best Practices webinar. We will focus on the FCC Forms 461 and 465 process and participants will be able to ask questions: Register here
- Funding Request Webinar: Wednesday January 10, 2018 at 2 p.m. ET. Did you know that the first day to submit FY2018 funding request forms is February 1, 2018? Join us in preparation for the FY2018 filing window period. This webinar will focus on the FCC Forms 462 and 466: Register here
Recent FCC Releases
- Carrying Over Unused RHC Program Funds for FY2017
- Allowing Voluntary Price Reductions by Service Providers
The Healthcare Connect Fund Program's invoicing deadline is six (6) months from the funding commitment end date. The invoicing deadline is included in the funding commitment letter (FCL), which USAC sends via email after processing the FCC Form 462 (Funding Request Form). As a result, many FY2016 funding commitments which end on June 30 have an invoicing deadline of December 31. Unsure of your invoicing deadline? Use the Invoicing Deadline Lookup Tool to see when your FCC Form 463 is due.
Please note that the invoice must be submitted by the health care provider and approved by the service provider before this deadline. The invoicing process can take several days of collaboration between the HCP and the service provider, so we recommend that you initiate invoicing as soon as possible!
The RHC Program will be hosting three training webinars in the upcoming months. For more information about what topics will be covered in each webinar, click "Register" below:
Due to an extraordinarily high demand for Rural Health Care (RHC) Program funds in Funding Year 2017 (FY2017), there will not be a third filing window period and no more funding requests (FCC Forms 462 or 466) will be accepted for FY2017.
While FY2017 is closed to new funding requests, My Portal continues to accept Telecom Program FCC Form 467 (Connection Certification Form) and Healthcare Connect Fund (HCF) Program FCC Form 463 (Invoice and Request for Disbursement Form) for applicants approved for funding in FY2017.
Funding Year 2018 Initial Filing Window Period
The initial filing window period for Funding Year 2018 (FY2018) will be from February 1 – April 30, 2018.
Please visit our filing window period web page for more information about filing windows periods and pro-ration or contact RHC-Assist@usac.org with questions.
On October 6, 2017, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued an order to assist Universal Service Fund (USF) participants who have been affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
The order waives certain rules and deadlines for E-rate, Rural Health Care (RHC), and Lifeline and USF contributors located in affected areas.
You can find more information here.